When the opportunity for a business sale or acquisition arises, being in a position to act quickly is vital. Having access to legal advice that is both responsive and commercial will ensure you are prepared for these opportunities.
There are many aspects to purchasing a business and it is important to get legal advice before you sign.
Our team has advised on business sales and acquisitions in industries as diverse as hotels and bars, retail businesses, dental practices, pharmacies, restaurants and cafes, and has the insight to help you avoid the pitfalls that can impact your long term profitability.
Our business sale and acquisition services include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating heads of agreement
- Reviewing the terms of the contract of sale and drafting special terms
- Assisting you to determine the most appropriate way to structure your transaction
- Due diligence investigations
- Lease assignments
- Share sales and purchases
- Asset sales and purchases
- Distressed and forced sales
- Transfer of statutory licences
If you have any questions or are considering selling or acquiring a business, contact a member of our Commercial and Property team for advice.