Family owned businesses are at the heart of the Australian economy. Working and building a business with parents, siblings and other relatives can be one of life’s most rewarding experiences. But is also brings some unique challenges from both a legal and personal perspective.
Clifford Gouldson specialises in meeting the unique needs of family owned businesses ranging from small and home based husband and wife businesses right through to large corporate enterprises with large, and often complex, family involvement.
Key issues impacting family owned businesses include:
- Ownership and profit sharing arrangements
- Shareholder and director agreements
- Business succession planning
- Individual and interconnected family estate planning
- Intergenerational transfers
- Business purchases and sales
- Property purchases and sales
- Agribusiness enterprises
- Exit and retirement planning
- Mediation and assisted negotiations
- Family Constitutions
We work extensively with other professional advisors including accountants, financial planners and business strategists to ensure family owned businesses receive the advice they need, tailored to their specific situation.
Whether you are starting a new family business or you are part of a large established enterprise Clifford Gouldson Lawyers experienced family owned business lawyers can assist you. Please contact us for further information.