The building and construction industry is intensely regulated. It is becoming more difficult for all players in the industry (be they commercial contractors, home builders, subcontractors, trades, principals, homeowners, consultants or suppliers) to keep on top of what needs to be done.
In an industry built on relationships it is also inevitable that parties will disagree from time to time and disputes will arise.
Clifford Gouldson’s construction law team understands your industry. They know that it is imperative to receive the right advice at the right time to maximise compliance and minimise the negative impact of disputes.
Our services to the building and construction industry include:
- Contracts – drafting, reviewing and advising on all types of Construction Contracts, Subcontracts, Consultancy Agreements and Terms of Supply
- Compliance – helping you navigate the complex web of compliance requirements
- Disputes – defects, variations, delays, security/retention, over charging, non-payment – no matter the topic of the dispute our aim is to achieve a commercial resolution as swiftly as possible
- Security of Payment – ensuring you are set up to utilise the security of payment provisions to the best of your advantage, and helping clients through any payment disputes that arise
- Project Bank Accounts – a new feature in the Queensland construction industry – advising client’s already impacted by the introduction of PBA’s and getting client’s up to speed and ready for the next wave of roll out
- Deed of Covenant for MFRs – we can provide the independent legal advice required by the QBCC before you enter into a Deed of Covenant in support of a licecence holder’s minimum financial requirements
- Work Health & Safety – always front of mind in the construction industry – advising clients on their WH&S obligations, incident management and defending prosecutions
- Labour Hire – advising clients on the impacts of the latest labour hire law reforms
Contact one of our construction lawyers for further information or advice