Harrison is a Director of CGLaw and Head of the firm’s Litigation + Dispute Resolution team, a role he has relished since 2015. He specialises in civil litigation and dispute resolution, with a particular focus on business disputes.
Harrison provides advice and services across the full range of litigation and dispute resolution issues encountered by Clifford Gouldson Lawyers’ clients. Whether it be seeking payment of or challenging outstanding debts, resolving disputes between business partners, or advising on contractual or negligence disputes between businesses, Harrison is highly experienced in this area, having practised it exclusively since joining Clifford Gouldson Lawyers in 2013.
With more than 16 years in the legal industry, Harrison has worked on many diverse matters across a broad range of industries, including agricultural, retail, manufacturing, insolvency, insurance, franchising, funeral, financial, estate, consumer, motor vehicle, property, defamation, neighbourhood, partnership, shareholder, director and animal disputes.
Harrison and CG Law’s Litigation + Dispute Resolution team have run numerous proceedings in the Federal and Queensland Courts and Tribunals, including leading the following major pieces of litigation:
- the successful defence of the first class action in the Queensland Supreme Court, which has been appealed to the Queensland Court of Appeal and involved the Courts determining complex questions of law regarding the effect of disclaimers and the extent to which manufacturers should be held liable for their products;
- the successful opposition of an application for an injunction against Harrison’s client, which entailed the Court:
- considering whether his client was bound by a Licensing, Production and Distribution Agreement that the other side had attempted to extend; and
- finding that there was no serious question to be decided;
- a large financial services matter in the Brisbane Supreme Court against publicly-listed company, AMP. That proceeding began with Harrison’s client successfully applying for an injunction against AMP and then progressing the matter from the initial stages to trial in under 4 months, a process that usually takes years.
Harrison is passionate about advising his clients so that they know where they stand legally. Harrison genuinely invests in his relationships with his clients and brings the right mix of empathy and objectivity to the matters he conducts.
Harrison enjoys helping people with legal issues that he knows are extremely important to them. He hopes that his expertise and insights lift a weight off his clients’ shoulders and reduce the stress that often comes with a legal dispute. He prides himself on his attention to detail, whether that be keeping his clients updated on the progress of their matter, or when arguing on his clients’ behalf in court. His clients benefit from his commercial, holistic and pragmatic approach.
Having grown up in Toowoomba, Harrison is actively involved in supporting his community. He is the Immediate Past President of the Toowoomba Chamber of Commerce.
Harrison is fortunate to have a long association with University Cricket Club in Toowoomba and Toowoomba Cricket generally. He is currently in charge of Toowoomba Cricket’s judiciary as its Commissioner.
Harrison is a proud Toowoomba Grammar School old boy and was Senior Prefect (School Captain) in his final year. He was appointed to the Board of Trustees of TGS in September 2020.
Harrison has authored and co-authored over 20 CG Law Legal Alert articles, which can be accessed via his profile on LinkedIn. He has also given legal awareness presentations and business essentials seminars each year for the last eight years.
When he is not working or volunteering his time, Harrison enjoys dining out with family and friends, going to the gym, gardening, reading, and watching all kinds of sport. He also plays golf, basketball and cricket when he can.