The building and construction industry is intensely regulated. It is becoming more difficult for all players in the industry (be they commercial contractors, home buildings, subcontractors, trades, principals, homeowners or suppliers) to keep on top of what needs to be done.
In an industry built on relationships it is also inevitable that parties will disagree from time and time and disputes arise.
Clifford Gouldson’s construction law team understands your industry. We know it is imperative to receive the right advice at the right time to maximise compliance and minimise the negative impact of disputes.
Our services to the building and construction industry include:
- Contracts – drafting, reviewing and advising on all types of building and construction contracts
- Compliance – helping you navigate the complex web of compliance requirements
- Disputes – defects, variations, delays, security/retention, over charging, non-payment – no matter the topic of the dispute our aim is to achieve a commercial resolution as swiftly as possible
- Security of Payment – ensuring you are set up to utilise the security of payment provisions to the best of your advantage, and helping clients through any payment disputes that arise
- Project bank accounts – a new feature in the Queensland construction industry – advising clients already impacted by the introduction of PBA’s and getting clients up to speed and ready for the next wave of roll out
- Deed of covenant for MFR’s – we can provide the independent legal advice required by the QBCC before you enter into a Deed of Covenant in support of a licence holder’s minimum financial requirements
- Workplace health & safety advice – always front of mind in the construction industry – advising clients on their WH&S obligations, incident management and defending prosecutions
- Labour hire – advising clients on the impacts of the latest labour hire law reforms
Contact one of our construction lawyers for further information or advice