Bringing art to the business world
After COVID brought a very challenging period to our Arts Community, Clifford Gouldson is excited to relaunch our Artist-in-Residence Program. After several years hiatus the program will again offer one local artist the opportunity to work in and develop a profile with the Toowoomba business community.
For the successful artist the program offers a workspace within Clifford Gouldson’s office, a weekly stipend over 8 weeks and an end of residency launch event with the firm’s clients and contacts.
Benefitting business and the Arts
We believe the Clifford Gouldson Artist-in-Residence Program will provide immediate benefits to our firm, our clients, other visitors to our office, the artist involved and the wider Toowoomba artistic community.
Our aim is to:
- provide an opportunity for our staff to interact and engage with a working artist within our workplace
- provide an opportunity for our staff, clients and other visitors to our office to experience artistic works outside the usual venue of an art gallery
- demonstrate to our staff, clients and other visitors to our office that Clifford Gouldson Lawyers understands that there is more to life than the law
- provide a forum for a wider audience to view the artist-in-residence at work
- provide a venue for the display of the work of the artist-in-residence
- provide modest financial assistance to the artist during the in residence period
- open an additional connection between Toowoomba’s business and artistic communities
The opportunity for the Artist-In-Residence
The Clifford Gouldson Artist-in-Residence Program will provide:
- an 8 week residency period commencing the week of 30 August 2021
- a space in our office in which to create their artistic work during the residency period
- a stipend of $250 (gross)/week during the residency period
- promotion of the Artist and the Program via Clifford Gouldson’s website and other marketing materials
- an end of residency Opening Night function to reveal the work prepared and to promote and offer for sale the artist’s other displayed works
What Clifford Gouldson expects of our Artist-In-Residence
We expect the Clifford Gouldson Artist-in-Residence to:
- attend our office one afternoon each week to work on their piece/s (probably a Friday)
- actively engage with our staff, and other visitors to the office, who are interested in their artistic works
- provide a short “give it a try” session for Clifford Gouldson staff interested in trying their hand at the artist’s chosen medium
- hanging of artworks including labelling and artist statement at the Opening Night function
- donate 5% from the sale of any works to a charity of our choice
- promotion of the end of residency Opening Night function to be held on Friday 5 November 2021
Who are we looking for?
We believe the Clifford Gouldson Artist-in-Residence is:
- an artist with an existing body of work that can be displayed throughout the duration of the artist-in-residence period
- an artist with the confidence to talk about their work and also to actively engage with interested staff and other visitors
- an artist whose medium is compatible with being prepared and displayed in an office environment
- an artist who is comfortable providing a group with an interactive “give it a try” session
How do you apply to be the Clifford Gouldson Artist-In-Residence
To apply for this program we ask that each artist email Carolyn at [email protected] with your resume and portfolio of available artworks as an expression of interest by 10am Monday 9 August 2021. We will then contact you to advise if you have been successful to the interview stage.
For the interview we ask that you bring in a selection of your available works (3-4 pieces), along with your artist statement for this Artist-in-Residence Program/Exhibition. All available works are to be approved prior to hanging.
The successful applicant will be notified by Friday 13 August 2021.