Intellectual Property Law
As the speed of business accelerates and it is easier every day to share and transmit ideas and information across the globe the need to protect the intellectual property unique to your business grows.
Clifford Gouldson’s Intellectual Property team offers advice and services to protect business names, trade marks and business systems. We also assist with the protection of your business identity where your brand may be suffering damage from the actions of another business or person using the same, or similar, name.
Don’t underestimate the value of the intellectual property in your business and the damage you may suffer if it’s not protected.
We provide our clients with intellectual property law services including:
- Trade Mark registration (fixed fees) including Madrid registrations
- Recordal of Trade Marks with Customs
- Design registration (fixed fees)
- Plant Breeder's Rights (‘PBR’) registration
- Joint Ventures
- Confidentiality agreements
- National Privacy Principles compliance
- Domain name registrations and disputes
- IT agreements for software development, support and licensing
- IT Outsourcing agreements
- e-Commerce / internet agreements
- Copyright, Trade Mark, Design, PBR and Patent disputes
- Protection of IPR and disputes in respect of Biotechnology
- Passing off and Trade Practice Act advice and disputes relating to IP/IT subject matter
- Licensing of technology and IPR
- Due diligence or IPR in mergers and acquisitions
Intellectual Property Guide & Cheat Sheet
Confused about IP? Not sure if your IP is protectable? Wanting to help your clients to capitalise on their IP but not sure where to start?
Clifford Gouldson has put together an easy to use IP Cheat Sheet and Reference Guide to answer the most frequently asked questions about IP. This guide will help you understand a little more about how IP works in Australia and also help you identify what types of IP can be protected and how.
Should you have any further questions, or wish to proceed with an application, we’d be delighted to assist you.
Contact one of our intellectual property lawyers for further information or advice: