As a result of recent State Government decisions to open our borders, it is expected that community transmissions of the COVID-19 virus will rise.
As late as 7 December 2021, the State Government advised that:
A non-restricted business, activity or undertaking, …, may otherwise operate as normal, with physical distancing and public health controls observed to the extent possible and subject to any other applicable Public Health Directions.
Our business is a Non-restricted business, activity or undertaking.
The information goes on to state that:
Public health controls are measures to reduce public health risks. These measures may include environmental cleaning, hygiene measures, regular washing of hands, availability of hand sanitiser and avoiding handshaking.
In light of this, it is important for our clients and visitors to be aware of the requirements we have put in place comply with our ongoing business obligations.
These measures are intended to keep everyone who enters one of our workplaces safe.
If you are planning to attend our office, we ask that you please refer to the information below prior to attending. CGLaw will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 advice being provided by health authorities and act accordingly.
The below measures are subject to change without notice.
Attending our office
Based on information from Queensland Health publications, a person should stay at home if they:
- have COVID-19;
- are feeling unwell and/or have symptoms such as a fever, cough, sore throat and/or shortness of breath;
- have been overseas or to an exposure location in the past 14 days;
- are awaiting the return of a COVID-19 test; and/or
- have been identified as a close, casual or secondary contact of someone who has COVID-19.
For us, this means that if you believe that any of the above circumstances apply to you, then please do not attend at any of our office locations and please contact us so that arrangements can be made to accommodate your needs.
Please be advised that we may ask you to leave our office if you display any symptoms of an illness.
Maintain safe distancing
The following measures are in place to support the safety of our clients, employees and visitors to our offices:
- all visitors to our offices are encouraged to practice safe distancing and follow our directions around social distancing;
- we may limit the number of people entering the office to ensure safe distancing can be maintained; and
- visitors and clients are encouraged to leave a one seat space in between them and others within meeting rooms (unless they are of the same family/household).
Hygiene and cleaning
As for hygiene and cleaning, we note the following has been implemented to help stop the spread of coronavirus:
- all visitors to our offices are encouraged to follow COVID-19 signage instructions around good hygiene practices;
- all visitors are asked to avoid handshaking and to practise good hygiene by utilising available hand sanitiser and regularly washing their hands; and
- in addition to the regular routine of cleaning our offices, contact flat surfaces in meeting rooms and high touch surfaces in public areas will also be cleaned regularly.
If, in accordance with a Government directive, you are required to wear a mask, then please ensure that you wear a mask when attending our offices. We will have masks available for all clients or visitors to wear whilst in attendance at our offices.
Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns regarding this protocol.