Bringing Art to the Business World
Our Artist in Residence is Laura Douglas. Visit here for more information.
Clifford Gouldson Lawyers is excited about the opportunity to bring the artistic community into a world that is often more about facts, figures and legal argument.
While we might think some of our legal solutions are pretty artistic we recognise true artistic talent when we see it and would like to bring that talent into our workplace through the Clifford Gouldson Artist-in-Residence Program.
We believe the Clifford Gouldson Artist-in-Residence Program will provide immediate benefits to our firm, our clients, other visitors to our office, the artist involved and the wider Toowoomba artistic community.
Our aim is to:
- provide an opportunity for our staff to interact and engage with a working artist within our workplace
- provide an opportunity for our staff, clients and other visitors to our office to experience artistic works outside the usual venue of an art gallery
- provide a forum for a wider audience to view the artist-in-residence at work
- provide a venue for the display of the work of the artist-in-residence
- provide financial assistance to the artist during the in residence period
- open an additional connection between Toowoomba’s business and artistic communities
WHAT CLIFFORD GOULDSON EXPECTS OF OUR ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE
We expect the Clifford Gouldson Artist-in-Residence to:
- attend our office one afternoon each week to work on their piece/s (probably a Friday)
- actively engage with our staff, and other visitors to the office, who are interested in their artistic works
- provide a short “give it a try” session for Clifford Gouldson staff interested in trying their hand at the artist’s chosen medium
- hanging of artworks including labelling and artist statement
- donate 5% from the sale of any works to a charity of our choice
- assist with promotion of the end of residency Opening Night function
WHAT FEATHER & LAWRY DESIGN EXPECTS OF OUR ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE
Feather & Lawry Design will select 2-4 artworks (dependent on size) to be on display in their gallery from the week after the opening event for approximately 6 weeks.
- assist with the hanging and display of their pieces
- comply with our consignment contract which will be issued in the interview
- provide artwork which meets a minimum standard for framing and canvas quality
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We believe the Clifford Gouldson Artist-in-Residence is:
- an artist with an existing body of work that can be displayed throughout the duration of the artist-in-residence period
- an artist with the confidence to talk about their work and also to actively engage with interested staff and other visitors
- an artist whose medium is compatible with being prepared and displayed in an office environment
HOW DO YOU APPLY TO BE THE CLIFFORD GOULDSON ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE
To apply for this program we ask that each artist email [email protected] with your resume and portfolio of available artworks as an expression of interest.
We will then contact you within 2 weeks of submission closure date to advise if you have been successful to the interview stage.
For the interview we ask that you bring in a selection of your available works (3-4 pieces), along with your artist statement for this Artist-in- Residence Program/Exhibition. All available works are to be approved prior to hanging.
In December 2014, around 50 guests and Clifford Gouldson team members celebrated the culmination of the 2nd CGLaw Artist-in-Residence program and helped raise over $1,000 for the Toowoomba branch of the Pyjama Foundation.
The Clifford Gouldson office was transformed into an art gallery for the evening with more than 30 works by 2014 Artist-in-Residence Christene Just on display and available for sale.You can read a News Alert about Christene's residency here.
Feather & Lawry Design, 4 Russell Street Toowoomba, hosted an exhibition of Christene’s work from 2 December – 30 January 2015.
Further information about the Program and the successful exhibition launch event and charity contribution can be found here.
2014 Artwork purchased
Clifford Gouldson was pleased to be able to purchase one of Christene's paintings to add to the firm's collection.
Entitled "Birds of the Feather" this piece was admired by everyone at the firm and is an excellent reflection of the work Christene was doing throughout the residency.
2013 Inaugural Clifford Gouldson Artist in Residence
You can learn more about Maryika at her website: www.maryikawelter.com
- When “claim denied” is not the final word view alert
- Changes on the horizon for Queensland residential landlords view alert
- The truth will set you free (from massive fines)! view alert
Your access point for the critical legal business information you need.
Business seminar programs, customised training programs, and legal awareness programs.
Unfortunately for those of us who dutifully pay our insurance premiums (insurance companies call us “insureds”), we do not always receive a payment when we make a claim against our insurance policies.... read on
Dramatic increases to the maximum penalties for breaches of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) will put an even higher premium on the truth.... read on
As you’re bombarded by the many service providers who can assist your business with a digital project don’t forget your legal rights and responsibilities.... read on