Simone Faunt is a Lawyer in Clifford Gouldson’s Commercial + Property team working primarily from our Sunshine Coast office where she also assists with overseeing conveyancing matters for our conveyancing firm Onsite Law. Since her admission in 2012, Simone has worked for a number of different law firms and has gained a broad range of experience in different areas of the law. She now practices exclusively in the area of Commercial and Property Law but credits her experience in other areas for her ability to offer well rounded and practical advice to her clients.
Simone’s clients benefit from her attention to detail, keen problem solving skills and empathetic nature. Simone understands the personal and commercial impact her work has on her clients and with this in mind she strives to achieve the best possible outcome in each of her matters.
One of the things Simone enjoys most about her job is being able to share the journey with her clients. Simone has dealt with several interesting matters, some of these include:
- assisting clients from South Africa with the purchase of their first ever home after relocating to Australia
- advising clients on the intergenerational transfer of large rural properties to the next generation in their family
- helping a client recover all money owed to them by enforcing a Personal Property Security Agreement, by lawfully seizing the debtor’s assets and then negotiating full repayment terms
- representing a client in the sale of their multimillion-dollar aquaculture business and commercial premises
- acting for a UK client during the sale of their lifestyle block of land in Western Downs and seeking amendment to their Foreign Investment Review Board approval conditions. They were in breach for not having built an establishment in accordance with the conditions set and without the amendment could have been facing hefty penalty fines.
Simone enjoys working in commercial and property law where she derives great satisfaction in helping her clients and flexing her problem solving skills. She first realised her interest in the law when she watched the movie Erin Brockovich at 12 years of age, and she has pursued a career in law ever since.
Simone’s interest in helping people extends beyond the workplace and into her local community. She has been a volunteer at a local Art Gallery, has previously been a member of the Country Women’s Association, Multicultural Families Organisation, and enjoys participating in fundraising events such as Trivia Nights for local small non-profit organisations, Debutante Balls for the Queensland Cancer Foundation and various fundraising breakfasts such as White Ribbon and International Women’s Day. She also likes to sponsor a different charity each year and has previously sponsored 4Paws, Fred Hollows Foundation, Qld Cancer Foundation, and for 10 years sponsored a child from Peru through World Vision which was something she had wanted to do as soon as she turned 18.
Outside of work Simone likes to travel and explore new places. She loves spending time with her family, her partner and their two dogs. When Simone isn’t traveling or spending time with her loved ones you will find her seeking out new experiences and spending time renovating her home and old pieces of furniture, something she finds very satisfying.
To connect with Simone or to learn more about her experience and qualifications visit her profile on LinkedIn.