Brian Conrick is a vastly experienced lawyer. He provides our clients with both legal and practical commercial experience at the most senior levels.
Brian’s experience includes many years as a partner in a leading national law firm. Brian worked with both private and public sector entities on a long list of outstanding resources, infrastructure and commercial projects, including:
- Mining Projects – Structuring and negotiating delivery contracts for design and construction of infrastructure works (including dam, roads, rail infrastructure, mining village, washplant and mine development works) and long-term contracts for mining operations.
- Olympic Stadium, Sydney – Principal advisor to the Head Contractor, Obayashi Corporation, in relation to the complete documentation for the financing, construction, operation and maintenance of the Olympic Stadium.
- Airline Industry – Start-up arrangements with major airports, operation and maintenance contracts and a wide variety of commercial agreements.
- Ports – Drafting and advising on contracts for operation and management of major export port facilities.
- Power Station Expansion – Drafting and negotiating long term Operating and Maintenance Contract and Station Services Contract for power station expansion.
- Local Government – Drafting and advising on conditions of contract for a 20-year construction and operations contract for the entire waste management system for the City of Brisbane.
- Advice and Drafting for Government – Ministerial advices, drafting agreements and advice for Queensland Government Departments and authorities including Transport, Railways, Health, and the Building Services Authority.
Brian’s work in the corporate sector has included the positions of Company Secretary and General Counsel for publicly listed companies as well as the Commercial and Infrastructure Manager for an iron ore mining project. His career includes:
- Negotiating a 15-year generation contract
- Delivery agreements for 200 kilometres of 330kV power line
- 45-year port tenure agreement
- Negotiating rail corridor, access and haulage arrangements
- Drafting and concluding Memoranda of Understanding with international rail and port authorities
- Managing substantial litigation matters
- Managing and supervising ASIC and ASX matters
- Responsible for corporate and commercial matters as to two substantial capital raisings each in excess of 20 million dollars.
At Clifford Gouldson Brian has continued to work on high level matters including Competition Law and corporate matters and disputes in the superior State and Commonwealth Courts.
The legal review publication, Legal Profiles, commented:
“Brian Conrick is credited with outstanding communication and commerciality.”
“Brian Conrick is singled out for his depth of experience and ability to negotiate.”
Outside of his legal work, Brian is a Cricket Australia qualified community coach and has previously been a board member and Vice-President of the Queensland Ballet.