Brian ConrickBrian Conrick offers clients an almost unmatched level of knowledge and experience across his core areas of expertise including construction, infrastructure, resources and corporate governance.
Most recently Brian held the positions of Company Secretary and previously General Counsel for Sundance Resources Limited (SDL). Key achievements during this period include:
- Drafting and concluding Memoranda of Understanding with Chinese rail and port authorities. These agreements were instrumental in restoring confidence in SDL following the Congo air incident
- Managing the SDL response to ASIC as to the investigation of former Hanlong personnel, including the review and provision to ASIC of material from over 2 million documents
- Managing the close out of the Hanlong merger proposal, including commercial and court arrangements
- Managing substantial litigation matters in the Western Australian Supreme Court and international claims arising from the Congo air incident
- Responsible for corporate and commercial matters as to two substantial capital raisings each in excess of 20 million dollars
- Negotiating a 15 year generation contract with Verve Energy
- Delivery agreements with Western Australian Government agencies and Western Power for 200 kilometres of 330kV power line
- 45 year tenure agreement with Geraldton Port Authority
- Rail corridor, access and haulage negotiations with WestNet, ARG and WA Department of Transport
A sample of his experience during this time includes:
- Burton Coal Project. Structuring and negotiating delivery contracts for design and construction of infrastructure works (including dam, roads, rail infrastructure, mining village, coal washplant and mine development works) and long term contracts for coal mining operations.
- Olympic Stadium, Sydney. Acted as principal advisor to the Head Contractor, Obayashi Corporation in relation to the complete documentation for the financing, construction, operation and maintenance of the Olympic Stadium.
- Virgin Blue. Acting for Virgin Blue on start up arrangements for major airports, operation and maintenance contracts and a wide variety of commercial agreements.
- Ports Corporation of Queensland. Drafting and advising on contracts for operation and management of port facilities at Dalrymple Bay and Abbot Point.
- Callide Power Station Expansion. Drafting and negotiating long term Operating and Maintenance Contract and Station Services Contract for Callide Power Station expansion.
- Brisbane City Council. Drafting and advising Brisbane City Council on conditions of contract for twenty year construction and operations contract for the entire waste management system for the City of Brisbane.
- Advice and Drafting for Government. Ministerial advices, drafting agreements and advice for Queensland Government Departments and authorities including Transport, Railways, Health, and the Building Services Authority.
Brian is a Cricket Australia qualified community coach and has previously been a board member and Vice-President of the Queensland Ballet.
Brian’s expertise has previously been recognised in the legal review publication Legal Profiles with comments including:
“Brian Conrick is credited with outstanding communication and commerciality.”
“Brian Conrick is singled out for his depth of experience and ability to negotiate.”